At the Marlipins Museum there were many brilliant artefacts such as a celebratory cup from before the Russian Revolution and a washed up orange from the Tudor times…
The year 2003 marked 900 years in the history of the Church of St Mary de Haura, New Shoreham.
Shoreham by Sea is situated on the left bank of the river Adur where the river meets the opening of the English Channel.
After several centuries of the harbour at Shoreham being classed as insignificant it increased in importance as that of the neighbouring Sussex ports declined.
Before Shoreham Academy opened in 2009, the site was called King’s Manor, but even before that it was a boy’s school called Shoreham and Southwick Senior Boys County school in Middle Road which had opened in 1937.